The Internet connects information consumers to many reliable sources of information. However, format, content and sources are subject to change without notice. Some information on the Internet may be inaccurate, incomplete, dated or offensive to some individuals. An information consumer must be prepared to evaluate any information found.
The Internet is a valuable resource that benefits all library users and expands the scope and usefulness of the public library well beyond its walls. Please be aware that the Internet also provides access to material that some users may consider inappropriate. It is the responsibility of every parent or guardian to supervise and oversee their child’s use of Internet resources.
Patrons agree to abide by the following guidelines when using the Internet and Computers:
Printing and Downloading
- Patrons are welcome to use the available WCL printers. The first five pages are free, there is a .10 per page charge for each additional page.
- No material may be downloaded to a WCL computer unless it is onto disc or CD.
- Users may not install software on any WCL computer or run any programs that have not been loaded by WCL staff.
Responsible use of the Internet at the Library
- Compliance with the Library’s posted rules, procedures and policies.
- No chat rooms.
- Refraining from any illegal, criminal or unethical use of the Internet.
- Respect of the legal protection of copyrighted materials.
- Obtaining unauthorized access to any internal or external computerized systems and damaging or changing any software configurations are strictly prohibited.
- WCL computers are located in public areas shared by all library users of all ages, backgrounds and sensibilities; individuals are asked to consider this when accessing the Internet from WCL terminals.
- Please ask for assistance from staff if you have any difficulty using the computer or the Internet.
USE OF THE INTERNET IS A PRIVILEGE, NOT A RIGHT. INAPPROPRIATE USE WILL RESULT IN A CANCELLATION OF THIS PRIVILEGE.